New Leashed Dog Policy at Ripplinger/Gouker/Etnyre Preserve
The Byron Forest Preserve District allows leashed dogs on the trails at the Ripplinger/Gouker/Etnyre
Preserve. The following restrictions and guidelines must be followed:
- All dogs must be accompanied by a person at all times.
- All dogs must be on a leash no longer than 15’ at all times.
- All dogs and handler must stay on the designated trails at all times.
- It is the dog handler’s responsibility to pick up and properly dispose of any waste produced by their dog.
- All dogs must be current on their vaccinations, licenses, and tags must be present on their collar.
- Trail usage is only permitted during open park hours, dawn to dusk.
- The dog handler will be responsible for any liability regarding their dog arising from the usage of the trails at the Ripplinger/Gouker/Etnyre Preserve.
Ripplinger-Gouker Preserve Dedication