Now accepting applications
for the following positions:
Food & Beverage Manager
The Byron Forest Preserve District, Byron, Illinois, is accepting applications for the position of Food & Beverage Manager at PrairieView Golf Club. The ideal candidate will possess a proven track record in food & beverage operations, excel in leading and training a diverse staff, and be successful in promoting the golf facilities to the public. Total compensation offered is between $35,000 -$45,000. This is a year round full-time salaried positon. The Byron Forest Preserve District offers a competitive benefits package, which includes excellent health and pension plans. The position is responsible for providing leadership in supervising, administrating, coordinating, and conducting all food & beverage operations including concessions, the PrairieGrass Pub, and the golf pavilion. To see the full job description and/or to apply for this position, please click on the link below. Please send a cover letter, completed application, and resume to Matt Henkel, General Manager / Golf Course Superintendent at PrairieView Golf Club, P.O. Box 1075, Byron, IL 61010 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submitting applications is November 26, 2018.
Food Service Manager Job Description
Building Supervisors at the Jarrett Prairie Center -
Contact Raul Leon at 815-234-8535 x200.
Golf Professional / Pro Shop Manager at PrairieView Golf Club -
Contact Matt Henkel at 815-234-8535 x211
Golf Professional / Pro Shop Manager
1. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in a Business Related Field. PGA membership preferred, but not required.
2. Experience in public golf course management preferred.
3. Experience in computer system applications.
4. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Executive Director may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: General Manager / Superintendent
SUPERVISES: All proshop personnel
JOB GOAL: The Golf Professional / Pro Shop Manager is a combined duties title. The position requires the employee to be in charge of all Pro Shop activities, lessons (both individual & group), Jr. golf program, daily leagues, as well as outings & tournaments. To provide leadership in developing and maintaining the best possible golf program and services and to oversee and administer the use of the clubhouse, programs and services offered with a maximum of efficiency, a minimum of waste, and an ever-present, overriding concern for service to the public.
1. Provide top of the line customer service and foster a positive attitude towards all patrons, employees, and the overall mission of the Byron Forest Preserve District.
2. Serves as the primary administrator for all golf outings, facility rentals, or other use of the clubhouse or pavilion facilities.
3. Works cohesively with the food and beverage manager to provide exceptional customer service to all customers, groups, and outings.
4. Directly involved in the agency Risk Management program by; (1) identifying and analyzing loss exposures; (2) selecting a technique or combination of techniques to be used to handle each exposure; (3) implementing the chosen techniques; (4) monitoring the decisions made and implementing appropriate changes.
5. Develops, implements, and administrates a successful junior golf program.
6. The Golf Professional also provides golf lessons at times that do not conflict with other assigned duties.
7. Administrate all league play, outings and tournaments, and serves as rules official for any such event.
8. Directs all pro shop staff, including cashiers, cart attendants, rangers, and starters.
9. Responsible for increasing net profit at PrairieView Golf Club to meet future needs of the District as outlined by the Executive Director.
10. Responsible for operating within the approved budget for operational revenues and expenditures for each fiscal year.
11. Works with department staff to recommend department policies and procedures for adoption, and implements policies adopted.
12. Assures the upkeep and maintenance of the clubhouse, pavilion, driving range, halfway house on the golf course.
13. Recruits, screens, recommends for hiring, and trains all persons necessary for pro shop operations.
14. Establishes personnel schedules, and maintains such personnel records as are needed for the pro shop.
15. Maintains a coordinated inventory control program for all areas of the golf department.
16. Provide recommendations on district policies for facility rentals and golf programs including fees, deposits, and reservations.
17. Makes recommendations for the assignment of and termination of employment of all personnel encompassed within his / her area of operations.
18. Works with the general manager to establish safeguards and controls for golf cash management, including, but not restricted to, personnel training, daily deposits, and accurate record keeping.
19. Participates in developing the department budget, and exercises budgetary control over adopted budget.
20. Provides for a positive public relations program, including newsletter articles, group e-mail program for regular customers, district golf brochures and news releases, facebook and twitter accounts, etc…
21. Keeps informed of current thought and practice related to the field. Reports to General Manager summaries of conferences attended.
22. Conducts an annual review of the golf program and advises the General Manager of recommendations for improvement.
23. Evaluates the performance of all pro shop personnel, and plans and provides in-service training experiences as required.
24. Adheres to all risk management rules and regulations issued by the district, and state, local or federal regulatory agencies. Constantly monitors work areas for unsafe conditions, corrects them, and reports them to the general manager as required.
25. Performs all other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the General Manager and the Executive Director.
HOURS: The hours vary and are mutually determined with the General Manager / Superintendent.
Lessons: All lesson money must be deposited into the point of sales system as it is collected. On a bi-weekly basis, the lesson money will be paid to the Golf Professional / Pro Shop Manager with a 90% payment to the Professional and 10% retained by PrairieView Golf Club.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve month year.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Personnel.