Skip to content
- The Jarrett Prairie Center is home to a beautiful museum that is the main attraction at this facility. Along with amazing panoramic views, visitors enjoy historical and interactive exhibits, prairie restoration information, an immersive theater, and live exhibits with Pebbles and Gigi, the box turtles and some very busy honey bees! This venue is also available for rental for family gatherings, weddings, and other social and corporate events.
- The Weiskopf Observatory is a wonderful asset to the Byron Forest Preserve. With its 11″ Celestron telescope, you may see some of the faintest objects in the sky. Free, weekly public skyviewing.
- Heritage Farm Museum was a working farm in 1843. The replica house is now a museum with wonderful exhibits that show how people lived. The restored farm buildings and antique equipment illustrate what early country life was all about.
- PrairieView Golf Club is located on German Church Road in Byron, Illinois. This public 18-hole championship golf course is rated four stars by Golf Digest. This course has bent grass tees, greens, and fairways. PrairieView also offers a full service practice facility, equipment rental, fully stocked pro shop, dining area and bar, lessons, and handicap services. Come play a round at PrairieView!
- PrairieFire Golf & Grill is located on the driving range at PrairieView Golf Club. PrairieFire offers a unique year-round golf entertainment experience for golfers and non-golfers. Powered by Toptracer technology, there are a variety of game modes available for every skill level. Come and enjoy our hitting bays, a beautiful and comfy clubhouse, and our friendly bar and grill. PrairieFire offers amazing entertainment for everyone!
- The Keller Education Center is a certified “green” building. This building houses our preschool program where children learn kindergarten readiness skills, outdoor education, and recycling.