Preschool Summer Clubs - New This Year!
Something Especially For You
- The Jarrett Prairie Center. The newly renovated natural history museum is now open. The more than 4,000 square-foot expansion includes the Byron Bank Immersive Theater, hands-on exhibits, a prairie overlook area, a plow exhibit that allows guests to design their own farm, and so much more! Construction will soon begin on a 2,600 square-foot wraparound deck that will allow visitors to enjoy a view of the prairie and beyond from one of the highest points in Ogle County! Expected completion of the new deck is spring of 2017. The new museum and deck will be available for private rentals for families, corporations, and organizations. The Administrative and Education offices are also housed in this facility. Please visit our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/byron.preserve.
- The Weiskopf Observatory is a wonderful asset to the Byron Forest Preserve. With its 11" Celestron telescope, you may see some of the faintest objects in the sky. Free, weekly public skyviewing.
- Heritage Farm Museum was a working farm in 1843. The replica house is now a museum with wonderful exhibits that show how people lived. The restored farm buildings and antique equipment illustrate what early country life was all about.
- PrairieView Golf Club is located on German Church Road in Byron, Illinois. This public 18-hole championship golf course is rated four stars by Golf Digest. This course has bent grass tees, greens, and fairways. PrairieView also offers a full service practice facility, equipment rental, fully stocked pro shop, lessons, electric carts with GPS, and handicap services. The Prairie Grass Pub at the clubhouse is open to enhance your golfing experience with great food and entertainment. Or just come to enjoy the food and the view! Entertainment is scheduled throughout the golfing season. Visit prairieviewgolf.com for more information.
- The Keller Education Center a LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certified platinum building. It is one of only three platinum certified education buildings in the State of Illinois. The building houses our preschool program where children learn kindergarten readiness skills along with outdoor education and recycling.
- The Nardi Equine Prairie Preserve which is being restored into prairie includes a trail system for horseback riding.
The Byron Forest Preserve District has something especially for you. So, we hope to see you soon!
Check out our new hike app. Go to your phone's app store and search for Prairie State Hike App. Find Nature Conservancy/Byron Forest Preserve, pay .99, and enjoy!