New & Improved Summer Day Camp & Adventure Club - Sign up today!
Something Especially For You
- The Jarrett Prairie Center has a natural history museum along with a great little gift shop that is open every day. This is a free educational facility with hands-on exhibits. We also have resident live animals: D.C. the fox snake, Pebbles the box turtle, and of course, our busy bees.
- The Weiskopf Observatory is a wonderful asset to the Byron Forest Preserve. With its 11" Celestron telescope, you may see some of the faintest objects in the sky. Free, weekly public skyviewing.
- Heritage Farm Museum was a working farm in 1843. The replica house is now a museum with wonderful exhibits that show how people lived. The restored farm buildings and antique equipment illustrate what early country life was all about.
- PrairieView Golf Club is located on German Church Road in Byron, Illinois. This public 18-hole championship golf course is rated four stars by Golf Digest. This course has bent grass tees, greens, and fairways. PrairieView also offers a full service practice facility, equipment rental, fully stocked pro shop, dining area and bar, lessons, and handicap services. Come play a round at PrairieView!
- The Keller Education Center is a certified “green” building. This building is used for District programs to teach youth about recycling and being environmentally conscious.
- The Nardi Equine Prairie Preserve which is being restored into prairie includes a trail system for horseback riding.
As you can see, the Byron Forest Preserve District has something especially for you. So, we hope to see you soon!