Attention: The Weiskopf Observatory will be closed for repairs until further notice. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Join our text club to start getting great deals!
Text CC597 to 36000 today!
Something Especially For You
- The Jarrett Prairie Center has a natural history museum that is open every day. This is a free educational facility with hands-on exhibits. You will also be able to visit with Pebbles and Gigi, our resident box turtles.
- The Weiskopf Observatory is a wonderful asset to the Byron Forest Preserve. With its 11" Celestron telescope, you may see some of the faintest objects in the sky. Free, weekly public skyviewing.
- Heritage Farm Museum was a working farm in 1843. The replica house is now a museum with wonderful exhibits that show how people lived. The restored farm buildings and antique equipment illustrate what early country life was all about.
- PrairieView Golf Club is located on German Church Road in Byron, Illinois. This public 18-hole championship golf course is rated four stars by Golf Digest. This course has bent grass tees, greens, and fairways. PrairieView also offers a full service practice facility, equipment rental, fully stocked pro shop, dining area and bar, lessons, and handicap services. Come play a round at PrairieView!
- The Keller Education Center a LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certified platinum building. It is one of only three platinum certified education buildings in the State of Illinois. The building houses our preschool program where children learn kindergarten readiness skills along with outdoor education and recycling.
- The Nardi Equine Prairie Preserve which is being restored into prairie includes a trail system for horseback riding.
The Byron Forest Preserve District has something especially for you. So, we hope to see you soon!